Tuesday, August 1, 2006
What's so great about Bubble Tea?
So, I've heard a few times about how wonderful this new bevy is and on Sunday we bought one when we were out for lunch. It was so totally different from what I expected. The strawberry shake part of it was good but the "bubbles" were rather unappetizing in look and texture. Max wasn't quite sure what to make of the whole thing either. Anyone else out there have similar feelings about Bubble Tea? What are the bubbles, anyway? Korinne, I expect you to contribute to this little issue. You can defend your favourite treat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Rachel,
ReplyDeleteSo PR has a place to buy Bubble Tea? You failed to mention this to me or show me. I have had it once and i must say it is a little different. I didn't mind the bubbles but it was strange sucking the bubbles up the straw and then chewing them. I think the bubbles are just really big tapioca
Aren't the bubbles tapioca? That in itself is totally unappetizing to me. I haven't tried bubble tea. I'll just let other people enjoy it, and stick to the things I know i like :)
ReplyDeleteIs tapioca dark brown?! Maybe we bought it somewhere we shouldn't have ... ? I'm afraid to tell you what it reminded me of, as you'll never, ever drink it!
ReplyDeleteKaren, there are actually several places that sell it. Sorry to have withheld this PR highlight from you.
By the way, there was a big article in the paper about A PACK OF WOLVES spotted on the golf course and that hikers on Butze should be very aware when walking. Not that I ever planned to set foot on Butze again, but there's an added reason not to! And for any of my readers who may fret about this news - don't fret - I'm never anywhere alone with my kids that would put us in danger. I barely leave my home, let alone wander around on the golf course. And when Paul's on the course, he has a a buddy and a whole bag full of weapons to protect himself!
True - The bubbles are tapioca. Or you can get coconut jelly, or grass jelly. The jellies have a different texture - not chewy like the pearls. The pearls don't really "feel" right with certain flavors - anything too fruity (strawberry would be one!) TARO is absolutely the best with or without pearls. Same with a mild flavor like honeydew. But definitely try taro!!
ReplyDeleteOh - about the pearls being a brown color - you want them that way! They soak the pearls in a sugary substance that's delicious and the pearls take on the color of the sugar - brown! But the original color of the pearls is white. Cooked, a transluscent white - just like overcooked rice!
ReplyDeletehmmmmm, I suppose now I will have to give it a try. Want to share one Rachel?
ReplyDeleteI might give it another chance. Perhaps taro or honeydew with this time.
ReplyDeleteI'll stick to my hot chocolate and caramel macchiatos thank you very much. Anything jelly-like shouldn't be in a drink
ReplyDeleteI haven't tasted this new 'delight' of bubble tea yet, and maybe i won't. I do remember Orbit though; small floating jellies in juices. I didn't care much for it. These drinks all remind me of my exfoliating body wash, which isn't too appetizing. Maybe it is like exfoliatant for your stomache. Enjoy though, or feed it to the wolves if you don't like it.
ReplyDeleteJanie