Saturday, June 30, 2007

another late night

we're here! We had a really great trip down here, it was so easy with our friends and Paul's Mom along for the ride. I highly recommend taking two friendly Rupert-ites if you ever need to make a two day road trip with a 13-month old.

We got to see our place tonight. The landlord and his family are super nice. It's going to be cool to see how our friendship will grow. He scurried over to our place within a minute of our pulling up into the driveway. It's bigger than we thought (the rooms are all big), it's a little quirkier than we thought, and needs more TLC than we thought. But we're excited to see what it will be like with fresh paint and Febreeze. The current plan is to start sanding down the high gloss paint upstairs while the old tenants from downstairs finish their cleaning up. Then we'll tackle the basement suite to get it ready for our temporary tenants.

And now I shall go move my sleeping baby into the playpen so I can get some shut-eye.

My citytel email is no longer active, and our phone won't be hooked up until Wednesday. Until then I can be reached here, on Facebook or Paul's cell 250-622-8852.

7 comments:

  1. Yahoo, you made it!
    Glad things went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!!! Let's plan for me to come out once things have settled a bit for you. I'm so excited you're back :-) Hope the renos go well and you're feeling at home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are here safe and sound and you had such a good trip. If you need a break from all the work and somebody to cook you dinner or some playmates for a morning, give me a call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you arrived safely!! It seems weird without you here, seriously. We have driven past your house twice and talked about how quickly things have gone! Can't wait to hear more. I guess my email didnt go through so i will communicate through here! Barb got a teaching contract! She is thrilled, it is full-time grade 7 at the catholic school. Anyway, we'll talk more later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad you're here and safe! I know Corinna is probably coming over on Tuesday...is there any chance you might be able to play with us for a while, or will work on the dwelling be priority?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's talk garbage....Sean just took the whole thing to the dump, cans and all, and then took the empty cans back to your place. He took the chair to the salvation army. How was your first day in the big city? Did you go to church today? Talk to you soon, Ash

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rach,
    It's too late for me to call but I keep forgetting to get contact info from you! I emailed the wedding vow info to you a couple of hours after talking to you but then remembered that your email wasn't working... forgot to re-email it until now but I don't know where to send it to! Dad wants a basic vow ceremony - I typed out their original words from a tape-recording so Paul can use that. They might write some kind of extra vows while they're away this weekend, but it's unlikely. I'll have the text ready here, unless you have a way for me to send it to you at your parents' place if Paul wants to review it ahead of time.

    (Sorry for filling your post space - just delete this if you can!)

    ReplyDelete