We had a great celebration with about 20 people from youth group. It was great fun. Loud and crazy and yummy and fun. Paul was a sushi making mastah! The kids all loved it, Max even had two big pieces. I was pleased with the cake. I did a chocolate and a lemon (unashamedly from boxes) and smothered the whole thing with whipped cream mixed with vanilla pudding mix. (My Mom's yummy trick to avoid having to deal with icing!) I used icing scribblers to do the writing but it bled into the whipped cream. I tried to fix it up but it still looked a little drippy. No matter, it tasted great! Max & Marty both had so much fun, taking in all the activity and attention. Marty was pretty tired the whole time but didn't complain at all. Here's a slideshow with captions to tell you a little more about the evening. (It might take a few minutes to load properly.)
[slideshow id=360287970198654900&w=400&h=300]
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
That looks like so much fun! Good for Max for singing in front of ALL those people! The cake looks yummy too!
ReplyDeleteLooks like the funnest 1 year old birthday party ever!!
ReplyDeleteThere are not too many little kids who get to celebrate their birthday with a whole youth group!! What a special time. Looks like Marty was trying really hard to stay awake. I bet he crashed afterwards. Seems to me that Max celebrated his first birthday with the youth group at Southridge. Must be a Zalinko trend.
ReplyDeleteMax's first birthday was with most of these same kids, just a month after we arrived here. I should post that picture too. I'll do it when I do his 3rd birthday pictures.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun!!
ReplyDeleteabsolutely FABULOUS!!!!
ReplyDeletethat icing trick is one i learned from my mother-in-law! it's SOOO good, eh? :)
Looks like a lot of fun. Marty looked as if he was going to fall asleep in his birthday cake. Happy 1st Birthday Marty! What a cutie.
ReplyDelete