Tuesday, June 19, 2007

little bug

Marty went for his 12 month immunizations today. 4 pokes, poor little guy. He wasn't too thrilled with the whole thing. Who would be, really? He had gone for his 12 month check-up with the doctor on May 22 and since then he's gained almost a pound! Today he was 19 lbs, 14 oz. He's about 50%ile for height and 10%ile for both weight and head circumference. He's just a wee little bug but doing great! He hasn't taken many more steps on his own yet, but I'm sure it won't be long. He takes great delight in pushing things, anything, around on the floor. He's also been having great fun with a Pooh-Bear that talks and giggles when he pushes his tummy. Or when he throws him down on the floor and pounces on him. Over and over and over. He tosses Max's kitty around like crazy, too. I think he's going to need his own stuffed kitty. Another thing that I think is actually quite brilliant is that he likes to put things in things. He dumped Max's crayon box and then, one by one, carefully put them all back in. He got through a dozen before he even put one in his mouth. He also likes to play catch, sort of. I throw a little ball against the wall and then he gets it and brings it to put in my hand. I guess it's more like "fetch" than "catch".

Max is almost 3. And he's driving me bonkers. Boundless energy and curiousity. Endless, measureless, bottomless! But he sure is cute when he sings "This is the Day". He keeps talking about the things we'll do after we move to Abby. Go see the doctor to find out if he can have nuts, go see the baby belugas, and go to the dentist. And go to pre-school. Yay, pre-school!

The house. Hhmmm, the house. The showings from Saturday went well. One of the parties (how else do I describe it?) is very interested in our home, but has to sell theirs first. We're hoping for some action on it soon. And we've got the suite rental thing sorted out for now, yay. A family that found me through this little blog community will be renting it for 3 weeks in July while vacationing in Abby. This will give us a week when we get there to paint it and do some other touching up to make it more homey. There are two people interested in renting it for late July/August. One has already seen it and has to decide if she can afford it. The other will be looking at it on Thursday. Things are looking good.

What would YOU do with this bright red brick, 9 ft. tall monster in your living room? I wanna paint it. I really wanna paint it. It even has a ledge and an arch! **Edited to add: We'll be going with a tan/taupe colour with the walls and I was thinking of a slate/dark grey for the bricks to go better with the granite. I like Kristin's idea about adding a wood accent. My talented friend, Rachel Anne suggested going with a darker tone in the same colour family as what the walls will be. I like that idea. I don't want to go lighter or do any fancy shmancy stuff.**

8 comments:

  1. Paint it!

    Looking forward to having you guys around here soon. Do you need help moving in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd paint it too. And maybe put a wooden "cap" on the shelf and bottom of the arch.

    The boys sounds like they are doing great, and happy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Marty is the cautious, methodical type. And I am looking forward to hearing Max's stories and songs!
    And, I agree, paint the fireplace- a lighter color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Paul will have some clever ideas about how to fix the fire place. I cant believe you leave so soon! Time is just flying by. I am glad that Marty is such a trooper with the shots. Perhaps he will sleep well tonight. Aiden sure slept well after his shots this last time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, 1-year shots are the pits!
    we are so looking forward to you being here soon, and we are really praying about the house for you guys.
    that brick beast...yes, paint it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be interesting to hear the Punjabi conversation you have about that with the landlords (one in Abby & one in Houston):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sigh of relief for both of us. happy almost moving day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, walking and moving! So many experiences moving through your world! Hope everything comes together with your house selling and moving. I cringe when I think about moving with children. How does one do that??? I think your big red monster can turn into something beautiful with all those colors you have planned out. Soon it will be a focal point instead of conversation starting monster! There is lots of space for neutral or black and white photos of babies /kids across the top!
    Thanks for the dinner idea... i wrote it down!
    take care

    ReplyDelete