Sigh. Last night was very sad. It was the church farewell dinner for us. As I expected, this was the turning point that really made it real. We're leaving. One friend told us that she was annoyed with us for leaving so soon, another was totally ticked off, and yet one more was really mad. All three of the ladies who said such things also sent us off with genuine love and well wishes. We're very sad to be leaving the friends we fell in love with. What is most sad is thinking about 'what could have been', and the memories that were yet to be shared. Dear Aren, our babysitter, broke my heart with her tears and later presented us with a beautiful photo album she had made from pictures she took while spending time with our boys. She and so many others will never be forgotten, and dearly missed.
Another highlight from the night brought tears to our eyes, tears of hilarity! I've just got to share the song written in our honour by Andy & Leanne.
To the tune of "To the River" (Brian Doerksen? I think so ... )
To Prince Rupert I am going, with my wife and my boy Max;
I am moving up from Langley, and I'm never going back.
As the pastor of the Baptists, I will lead the local flock.
And with my mad skillz on the drumkit, I will make this ol' church rock!
Precious Rachel, are you ready to surrender to the rain?
Take this raincoat and umbrella, as your cares go down the drain.
In Prince Rupert, as the pastor, soon I wound up as the boss.
Family's growing, now here's Marty; think I'm starting to sprout moss!
Deep within me there's a yearning, a dream that once again has stirred:
An Apprentice Electrician, living down in Abbotsford.
Precious Rachel, are you ready to surrender to the smog?
Take this facemask and inhaler as you breathe that car exhaust.
Can't afford to buy a house now and renting is such a hassle;
I will move my family into our big blue bouncy castle!
Come and join us in our castle
We both long to meet you there
Come and join us; it's INFLATED!
And we long to meet you there.
Precious Rachel and my children have picked out a perfect spot
Nothing like it! This is living! In our own big Bounce-A-Lot!
Electrician: God has charged you, you are wired to obey.
Electrician: God has charged you, you are wired to obey!
That song is awesome, too funny!!
ReplyDeleteThat song is absolutely HILLARIOUS!!! Sean and I were both laughing pretty hard. I know that you are probably soooooo busy this week but any chance I can see you and the boys? A play at the park? Let me know!
ReplyDeletegreat song!
ReplyDeleteleaving is so sad though :(
well, for them/you. not for us. sorry!
Good byes are hard! I hate 'em! Hope all goes smoothly as you leave!
ReplyDeleteLove the song though! Very funny!
so hard leaving loved ones- but us abbotsfordians are happy to have you coming here! blessings on your move and travels
ReplyDeleteIt shows what great people you are that you are able to make such close connections in such a short time. Call me when you get a chance once you are here. We'll want to have you over for dinner soon!!!!
ReplyDelete