Sunday, June 24, 2007

one week!

We plan to arrive in Abby one week from today! This week has totally snuck up on us, and will go by so very quickly. Our guests leave tomorrow morning and then the packing begins. We've been holding off as long as we can to keep the house clean and ready for showing, but we just can't wait any longer. On Friday, people came through our house a second time. Same people, second visit. We were excited about that, until we found out that they then went to our neighbour's house and put an offer on it! Ah, but there was another offer on the neighbour's house. One house, two offers ... something's gotta give! (Both parties had actually already been through our house.) So when the other offer was accepted on Saturday, they came through our house for a third time. So now we're really hoping to get an offer soon. They were looking at a few other homes but have said that they like ours the best. Please pray!

The boys have both been having some major sleep issues. Like, not going to sleep! Naptimes have been rather unpredictable, thus upsetting the proper going-to-bed-time. Further complicating the issue is that the sky isn't completely dark until close to midnight! I would really like to get things under control better but won't bother because the next two months are going to bring more inconsistent routines. We'll do the best we can for this short time, but come September ... these boys will be great little sleepers! It's not ideal, but it's what works for us right now.

Thanks for all your advice and SUPPORT in my desire to paint the fireplace. Now I need to convince Paul, and then the landlord that it's the way to go. :)

I should be off to bed soon too. G'night.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! One week!
    We will defiantly pray for you guys you have a LOT going on.

    Moving down here may help with the sleep thing slightly, it gets dark sooner down here, especially with all the rainy weather we have been having... come on already it is almost July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, we will be praying for an offer this week!!! one week - YAY!!! i've thought about offering to help, but with Taeya under foot, I'm not sure how much help i would be...?! Anyway, we look forward to having you guys local.
    i hope our weather improves by the time you get here...it's been monsoon like rain the past couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - one week isn't much longer! I just sent up a prayer for your house-selling situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One week is coming so soon!!!! I cant wait to see you tonight at the dinner. I am praying for an offer REALLY REALLY soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joining your prayer team! Keep us updated! And praying for the packing too! I HATE packing and moving so am very sympathetic! Especially with two kids to "help" with your efforts!

    ReplyDelete