I feel very sad too. Don't really know why because I didn't have many opportunities to grow particularly fond of Tuesday. Maybe I'm sad that no one else in her family seems to be deeply affected by her passing. My mom said it well, and I think describes my feelings too ... "Though I can't say that I loved Tuesday, I do love you and I'm sorry."

I've never really been sad when people lose their pets, maybe because I haven't had many pets myself. There was Jingles, Holly's beloved kitty. She was a kitty only Holly could love. Then there was Jo-Jo, our cat. The best way to describe her temperment was 'eternal pms'. She had some shining monents but overall was not particularly pleasant. My favourite pet of all was Neil. I hope he's still out there somewhere. He was a little cat, rescued by my brother and presented to me for my birthday (it was a good excuse to bring a little white ball of fur home and mom & dad couldn't say no). He was a slurper. He'd suck on the neckline of our shirts, if we let him. He was just a great little cat. Friendly and small and cute. He never really seemed like a cat because he always stayed so tiny. When my parents sold their big house on Sumas Mountain, Neil stayed with the house. He had his turf, his favourite napping spots, his hunting grounds. And cats weren't allowed outdoors in their new townhouse complex unless they were on a leash! Not good for my little Neil. The new owners agreed to adopt him and I sincerely hope they have taken good care of him. I've actually stopped in there a few times to see if I could spot him or ask about his well being, but they haven't been home and I did not see him. Perhaps it's better that I don't know, and he'll live on, my small cat forever in my heart. It's funny that Little Cat Neil survived the wilds of the Sumas prairie but Jo-Jo vanished shortly after our arrival there. That was a very sad for Laurel & I. She was really our first pet to vanish. There was another kitty at some point but his disappearance wasn't as upsetting.
Paul wants a dog so badly. So. very. badly. We've agreed to wait until (someday) we relocate to a small town with a big yard.
So Laurel, I'm sorry for your loss. And Holly too. Jingles really was a delight.
I too am sorry for their loss!
ReplyDeleteI know you got it all sorted out about my sister adn that you have talked to her but then I thought to myself..'does she even know I read?' Sorry If I haven't id'ed myself sooner as I have been here a while. I am 'friends' with WXP and read lots of other blogs that you know.
ReplyDeleteFunny the subject of Dogs because just this morning my son (4yrs next week) said 'when I am a grown-up and have my own house I will get a dog' I am glad he is willing to wait. Love animals can't really stand pets though or dogs for that matter. ha!
Nice save Rach ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry too, Laurel, if you're reading this :-(