Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Mother's Days

2004 - The day before Mother's Day, 7 months prego with Max.

2005 - Max @ 10 months
2006 - Max @ 22 months, Marty's due date - he arrived one week later.
2007 - Max @ 2 years & 10 months, Marty @ 11.75 months :)
Next Mother's Day, my hair will be long again. And for the rest of my life. Don't. let. me. cut. it!
We're having a nice day. I was in the nursery at church this morning so I got to hang out with my boys and drink my chai tea latte. Marty snoozed in the truck on the way home and while I ran into Safeway so he figures he's done napping for the day. And super cute, too! I took a whole bunch more pictures of him but will save them for another day. Paul made crepes for lunch. Max & I enjoyed ours with fruit and whipped cream and Paul had his usual sour cream and syrup. He's napping now, even the final round of the Player's Championship couldn't keep him awake. Can you believe it, and now I'm watching it. The commentary is so soothing on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Max went to sleep with no complaints and when he wakes up we're off to some friends for dinner. Max loves going to their house, talks about it often. Probably because last time we were there was for an open house and they had food EVERYWHERE, all within his reach. He would just grab it and go continue his exploration. They have no kids left at home but they are quite enthralled with ours, and the conversation is always lively. We hope to get home in time to put the boys (at least Max) to bed before the Survivor finale starts at 8:00.

10 comments:

  1. Chris, Kellee, Tyler, and JJMay 13, 2007 at 9:00 AM

    Happy Mother's Day Rachel. Hope you have had a great day. Sounds nice and relaxing. Ours is similar. We will be enjoying survivor as well! We're going for Yau-man, the really cute old man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I love all the photos from previous years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great Mother's Day, Rachel. The photos are awesome. Your boys are blessed to have you as their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the your Mother's Day History! Great pictures!

    And Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day!! I think you look great, regardless of hair length. Very neat looking back over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your history of mother day photos! I wish I was brave like you and could do more drastic things with my hair, it's been the same since gr.9! Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOOOOVE those pictures. I looked at the first picture before reading anything and just about had a heart attack. thank goodness I stopped to read the date next :)
    happy mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great day! Glad it was a good one. I loved the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is Jen's friend. I was thinking that you look nice in short hair & then got to the bottom and read that you want to grow it out.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete