I signed up for Facebook. Except that I haven't even put a picture of my face on it yet. And I really have no clue what to do and to be honest ... WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? Perhaps it would help if I actually remembered the new email address I had to create for it and try to remember the password too. They can't really "remind me" of my password if I don't even remember what email they're supposed to send the reminder to. For those of you who are wondering what I'm talking about ... don't worry. But for those of you who DO know what I'm talking about (and apparently have tried to contact me via Facebook), sorry. I have no idea what I'm doing. Help?
I might as well go ahead and use the word "uber" in a post. I've never said uber before. Facebook is uber-overrated to me right now.
I joined Facebook a while back too, at first I was like what is the big deal, it has grown on me though. I am not in love with it or anything but it is kinda cool. It takes a bit to catch onto it though. LOTS of people are on it!
ReplyDeleteI tried adding you, now I know why you "haven't added me as a friend yet" ;)
I knew you where on there because it this email address.
rzalinko at citytel dot net I don't know if that helps at all.
I signed up, tried it and then cancelled. I figure that i already keep in touch with those that I want to and although it was really neat to chat with people I havent seen in awhile, it was just another one of those things.........know what I mean?
ReplyDeleteYou're talking to a facebook addict here :)
ReplyDeleteI have gotten in contact with people I normally wouldn't have from living in Edmonton when I was younger. It's nice to see what happened to people I lost touch with. I did try to add you as my friend but now I understand why i havn't heard anything back:)
I think you either love it or hate it and I see you aren't loving it. Your blog is so great to read anyways and you seem to enjoy doing it. i think I may have officially quit blog world since joining facebook...I just don't have the time for both and I am in contact with way more friends on facebook. Anyways there is my 2cents for what it's worth :)
I am looking forward to play at mill lake with you and your sweet boys!It will nice for you guys to be much closer to family (aka babysitters;)
i signed up a while ago, and it took me a bit of time to catch on too, but now i'm a full-fledged user!!! :) i've been able to connect with friends from college, camp and different stages in life that I somehow lost touch with. It's been amazing!
ReplyDeletein fact, i'm going to go add you now...
ReplyDeletewell i am a recent convert in the past month to the land of facebook and i agree with lizzie. it can be quite fun to try and 'find' long lost people from your past and reconnect with them. so if you are into doing that then facebook is a great way of accomplishing that goal. one thiing that i have done is to limit my 'friends' so i don't have hundreds of people who i am trying to stay in contact with. i have found that some people you may just want to say "hello" to and once hellos are exchanged and an life update is exchanged i really don't talk to much to them. so i often opt for leaving someone a message and seeing where it goes from there....another thing that i didn't realize until just a couple of weeks ago is that you can 'view friends' of someone without being there friend. this can be nice because it allows you to 'find' more people you may now. and on my last point....i have found that people respond quicker over facebook than over email. in fact, i have started to use facebook instead of emailing with those that are on facebook. it's kind of a weird thing.....maybe it's less formal and people aren't as scared....i don't know....
ReplyDeleteokay, so now that i have left you possibly your longest comment ever on your blog....you can decide what you want to do.....hehehe
yeah, sorry rach, it's not that bad...and kinda fun too.
ReplyDeletei vowed never to go there (i was a myspacer for some time) but scott (my little computer geek) got me hooked.
I'm on facebook but I'm just using it to share photos with friends really. I havent got loads of 'friends' on it which suits me because I can see it could take over your life!! Plus, blogging seems a bit more 'human'... not sure what that says about me!
ReplyDelete