Wednesday, May 2, 2007

waiting on great

Mom & Dad saw the house yesterday. They found out more great things about the place, and a few not so great things. Overall, they think it would be a very suitable home for us. Right now we're waiting on one major thing ... will the owner agree to rent it to us? The owner and current tenants are part of a predominant ethnic group in Abbotsford. His biggest concern is the language barrier. Dad has a friend who speaks the language and has agreed to serve as our interpreter. There are a few considerations because of that (particularly the distinct aroma from their traditional cooking) but after spending time in the home, Mom and Dad feel we could live comfortably there. Also being considered by the owner (who lives across the street) and his son (who lives in Northern BC) is the possibility of us renting the whole house and then sub-letting out the basement suite. If that were to become the arrangement, we are confident we would be very comfortable there.

So that's where it's at. Dad is expecting a call from the owner sometime today.

Our house is on mls.ca but don't go looking for it yet because our realtor is still tweaking the listing. We've seen a few people slowly creep by our house, taking a look. Hope to have some showings soon. (That means no laundry on the couch!) We've been doing very well at keeping the house tidy since we did our big cleanup. My husband is a clean-up pro! So we'll be ready on short notice if someone wants to come see the house.

And now I'm off to go do some raking in the flowerbed to get it tidied up. I know, I'm shocked that I just said that. But here I go. Shouldn't have sold those galoshes at the garage sale ...

4 comments:

  1. that would be so cool. :)
    Can't wait to hear how this all plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still sounds promising! This is such great news. Let's hope the house sells quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't think the house should sell quickly.........hee hee, just kidding :) You know what I mean Rach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,

    It looks like we're in the same boat(sort of). It will be interesting to see where we all end up!

    ReplyDelete