

Indeed, that is a toilet under the tree in our new back yard. Believe it or not, there's also one resting up on the patio. We're trusting that these will make their exit before we take over the place. Both the front and back yard/flowerbeds need some attention, quite desperately. After my daring escapade into my front flowerbed here yesterday, I've gained some green thumb confidence. I moved some dirt around and got all the unwanted things loosened. I got my hands a wee bit dirty, but not my pants or shoes. Now I just need to buy some garden gloves and rubber boots to really get it all cleaned up. Seeing these pictures of our new surroundings makes me want to actually learn more about gardening and landscaping. As long as it's not too hot or too cold or too wet and my boys are either sleeping or safely contained. I'm sure I can find a spot there somewhere to plant some rhubarb!
We're all healthy once again! Marty has been sleeping right through the night on occassion but not napping well. I think his transition from two naps to one is upon us. Max is really throwing us for a loop as well. He's hyper in the morning (often awake before 6:30), so grouchy by naptime, and then hyper at bedtime again. Sometimes taking over an hour to finally settle for the night. Inspired by Jamie, tonight I put an alarm clock in his room and told him he can't get out of bed in the morning until he hears the music turn on. He had a mild conniption about the scaaaaary numbers so I turned the clock around. He said he doesn't like the clock, but we'll see how it goes in the morning. Hopefully, the clock will be the bad guy and he'll comply, letting us all get a little extra sleep.
Sleep. I was tossing and turning in bed, not feeling sleepy. Now I think I'll give it another try.
Congrats on the house! God is good :)
ReplyDeleteOkay, question: How is it possible to be a busy mother of two and not be sleepy when you crawl into bed?? ;) That one stumped me!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to some day having a place with a yard one day too, good for you for getting out there. ;)
ReplyDeleteI hope you all start sleeping better too. :)
I bet you will enjoy working in the yard. It might be a fun summer project. The yard looks like a great place for the boys to run around!
ReplyDeleteHave fun with the garden!
ReplyDeleteWOW, that's SO great about the house Rach!! I'm so excited you guys are moving back. I laughed when you wrote it's near Granny's...I remember walking over there together in the summers for slurpees!
ReplyDeleteHope the kiddos settle into a better sleeping routine for you. It makes all the difference hey? Sammy started sleeping through the night while in Germany, every night after the 3rd one...12 hours straight. Of course I'm positive that's not going to last, that would be too easy. Since we've been home he's up every couple hours :(
Hey there neighbour!! Yup, that's a toilet and it's still there, by the way! Our backyards DO back up against each other - those are our tall cedar hedges in the picture. But four of them have just been chopped down - they were dead. We hope to replace them soon but for now, Buddy has a great view of "your" yard. We're pretty sure he's past his fence-jumping days - he's getting older and favouring his hips - so he shouldn't be helping with your gardening... (he IS a great digger!)
ReplyDelete