Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Conversations with Max

I've been looking forward to having real conversations about life and the world with Max. I think it's beginning. Today he said a few things that I just have to share. I mentioned the other day about his question asking. Since then I've noticed a pattern. He usually needs 2-3 adjectives to describe what an object is. "I don't know" is an entirely unacceptable anawer.

This afternoon (before the crankiness set in and we just had to get out) he sat on the couch and said "Tell me a story." Well, put me on the spot, why don't you? I told him the story about two little boys named Max and Marty and their wonderful mother named ... "Rachel", he said.

Then later while I was cleaning up from dinner he ran in, eyes aglow, saying "The moon!" We went on the deck to look at it some more and he pipes up with "I want to touch it." I told him it was too far away. "Okay, Mommy." A few minutes later he came to tell me that the moon has a face, and "does it talk?" **Edited to add** I remember the night back in December when figured out the stars in the sky. He was so amazed. He looked up, pointed and said with incredible wonder "...tars!"

Oh, and the other day while watching me make dinner he said "My mommy is always cooking."

Sometimes his constant questions drive me crazy but this is getting to be so much fun, chatting with my little one. Now that he's gotten started, I don't think he'll ever stop.

7 comments:

  1. Marin has been pointing out the moon the last couple evenings we have gone for walks, she isn't asking to touch it yet though. :)
    "mommy is alway cooking" too funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Micah is also infatuated with the moon. The first time he noticed it (probably last summer) he just kept pointing at the sky and saying "ball!"

    Thanks for the comment on my blog - it helps to know I'm not alone! Sometimes it's easy to think that your own kids are worse than everyone else's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be so exciting to see what is in that little mind of his.......goodness knows it is always thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fun is JUST BEGINNING!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny the stuff they comen up with? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the chatter Rachel! Always keep them talking to you. !

    ReplyDelete