Yesterday at Safeway, a man approached the boys and I. He was older, 70 or maybe even 80, and was with what looked like to be his grown daughter. I felt at ease with him and watched Max's reaction when he initiated a conversation with him. My little boy has been understanding all this talk about strangers, for he didn't even look at the sweet old grandpa who was trying to engage him. Poor man, I explained to him that we're learning about strangers and that Max is not allowed to talk to them. He seemed a little "harumphed" about that, and went to talk to Marty while I reassured Max that he had done the right thing and chatted with the lady. The man came back around to me and said that it was a good thing for me to be teaching my kids. I was so proud of Max! There have been a few instances the last few days when I could tell he was unsure about someone so he would look away (like the cashier, I told him he could talk to her) or look at me for what to do next.
That's another thing, he's been asking me often, "What will happen next?" I suppose the lack of routine and structure in our lives is really taking a toll. I'm so very much looking forward to September and the new order of things that it will bring. And it will bring my Hubby home! We're one-third of the way done!
So, our house is still for sale. This is making things a wee bit stressfull, and we're eagerly anticipating it to sell in order to bring our bank account back to a healthier balance. There are a few parties interested, but they have to work out a few other things first before making any offers. So frustrating! Our real estate contract expires at the end of this month so if we haven't sold by then, we'll try to get some renters in for September. Our realtor has agreed to help us secure reliable tenants.
Paul is doing well in Rupert, although I think he's getting homesick. I know he's really missing the boys, and me too, of course. Max is missing him too, and is showing it by asking me for "nuggles" many times a day. He particularly needs "nuggles" when he is in time out experiencing some other form of discipline.
I plan to drive up to Clearwater on Wednesday and settle in there for a few weeks. That will be the final stretch before Paul comes home on September 1!
About bloggy things ... I've had a great response from people wanting access to read my blog. Thanks everyone. If you use Bloglines to keep track of my posts, it won't work now that it is only available to selected readers . Not sure if any other feed services are able to do that. And again, I apologize for the lack of pictures. My computer is too old and slow and small to upload pictures, so it will have to wait until Paul returns.
Goodness me, it's 11:00 already.
Time for bed, little mouse, little mouse. Darkness has fallen all over the house.
So, I'll see you soon then!
ReplyDelete