Tuesday, August 14, 2007

to Grandmother's house we go

Just a wee bit more procastination before I get everything together for our big exciting trip to big exciting Clearwater. (For those of you who have been there, you know just how big and exciting it is!) I'm so excited to veg, soak up some family time and Mama's good home cooking.

It will be quite the adventure.

Tomorrow's first stop will be at Colin, Kelly, Mixon & Selah's new place in Kamloops (3 hours northeast). I can't wait to see them, to hug them, to see them hug my boys. They've been in Japan for two years. Then it's down the road another hour and a half to my humble little home town, Clearwater. My sister Laurel-Anne and her kids will be joining us on the weekend and we'll likely do lots of touristy things. This will be the first time I've spent more than 2 nights in Clearwater in about 10 years. I'm so excited! L-A's husband Raven will join us next week for a few more days. Other, older, brother Chris, Kim, Kristen & Danica will likely stop by on their way home to Calgary. Happy Birthday, today, to my lovely sister-in-law Kim. I love ya, lady. You make me laugh, and think, and want to be cool, and want to be like Martha too.

Doesn't it sound great? Adding to the fun is that Mom & Dad don't really have a house there yet. The construction of their retirement home (certainly not to be confused with an 'old folks home') is still under construction. Max will get to see the cement truck come to pour the walls. Mom & Dad are staying in a borrowed travel trailer and have set up a fairly cozy and efficient homestead there. Me and the boys will enjoy the confines luxury of their tent trailer. When L-A and family arrive, they'll stay in a tent, or two.

I plan to come home on Aug. 27th or 28th. Then it's just a few short days before we meet Paul at the airport on September 1!

And so, I shall carry on with the getting ready. I'm not sure how often I'll get to check into blogland, but I'll have all kinds of pictures and stories to catch you up on in September.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I finally got back on your blog and have made a button on my toolbar. Have a great time in Clearwater. It sound like a great time of fun and family. Kristin and Ian are here so enjoyed time with them today. All the troups in Ukraine are at the Church campout.
    Blessings
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I'm back! Seriously Rachel, I was missing my Z updates!! Hope you have lots of fun in Clearwater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the sounds of facebook you are home and ready to stay there for a LONG time! I am impressed that you are so adventurous with both the boys all on your own! I bet you CAN NOT WAIT to have Paul home!

    I gave you an "award". :)

    ReplyDelete