Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm tired

So very tired. Sleep routines around here have gone far far away. The boys and I are all really feeling the fatigue of life without Paul here. Single moms out there, I salute you. Do I ever! Max has especially been acting out more often than he used to, and asking for snuggles at all hours of the day and night. Last night he even ended up crawling into my bed a few times. After putting him back once or twice, I just let him stay. Then Marty joined us at around 5:00. Sorry Hubby, looks like we'll have a "family bed" until we all get used to lilfe as we used to know it. I don't know if I've ever looked forward to fall as much as I have this year.

Our time in Clearwater was delightful. Of course each day had stresses of different sorts, but overall it was a truly memorable holiday. Mom & Dad, thank you again, so much, for providing a home and nurturing us while we wait for Paul to come home. I'm glad you enjoyed it too. You are both exceedingly gracious.

The weather was fairly decent. Some very hot days followed by rain to cool us off and then the temperature climbed again. It was never unbearable.

I'll have more to say when I get my pictures loaded onto Paul's computer and can share them and the stories with you.

3 more sleeps until Paul comes home! It will be a busy weekend as we're hosting a family farewell party on Sunday for Paul's sister Debbie and new hubby Dan. They're moving to Grande Prairie to take a job there. The timing stinks as we've just returned and now they're leaving. That will be our focus for Saturday and Sunday, getting our house in presentable shape. Monday will be a re-coop day and then he'll be on the job Tuesday morning. With shiny new boots.

I was thrilled to see a dear friend today in the parking lot at Save-On Foods. Vera & Jonathan Willoughby! I met Vera on my first trip to Ukraine in 1999. We became very close right away and I treasure the friendship we have, although we haven't had much opportunity to make new memories. She married a guy from Abbotsford in 2004, which has reconnected us once again. I haven't seen her since their visit here shortly after they were married. So today at the grocery store, I noticed this cute young couple, particularly the lovely pregnant girl. They were chatting with someone else so I had time to gawk at them while I clued in to who it was. It's no surprise to anyone who knows her that she looks ravishing. She already had a glow, but she radiates! They just arrived in Canada on Friday and will be here to have the baby and return to their country of service in late fall. She's due on October 8. What a heartwarming surprise, to see them and get to meet their little one in just a few weeks. (She plans to deliver in Langley.)

Anyway, I should sign off. I'm so sorry for the lack of pictures in my recent posts. That will change in a few weeks when I have time to load them all up on Paul's computer.

Still not sure what I'm doing with my blog template. I need a good long time to s it and look for a new one to customize.

Just a reminder to update your bookmarks, favourites, and blogroll to my new blog address.

8 comments:

  1. You must be tired! It's so nice you were able to be with your mom and dad while Paul is away. I'm praying for you as you wait for his arrival. Looking forward to getting together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo for your hubby coming home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck getting all set up again. Nice to see you, thanks for making the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad for you that Paul is coming home soon.
    we should get the kiddies together in the next week or so...once things have semi-quieted down for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or heck, leave the kids at home with Paul one night (once you've had some reconnect time with him) and just go for coffee together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was nice to see a new post:) I hope things get back feeling normal for you and your sweet boys soon! Now that you're back, we have to seriously plan a date!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that you are home. Wonderful that you saw Vera and Jon. Isn't this a small world, and an AWESOME one too. It is so great being in the family of God. When things like this happen it just makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. It is also a reminder to live our lives with integrity because there is always somebody watching.
    Blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you that your hubby will be back soon!!
    What a fun story meeting up with your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete