Monday, September 11, 2006

here goes!

I paid my money, signed my name on the line, laced up my old runners, and joined a fitness club! I'm committing myself to at least 6 months (that's when the money runs out) of workouts, minimum of 30 minutes each, 3 days a week. It's a Pace circuit deal which really helps the time go by and keeps things exciting. I've decided I'll start my circuit on the machine beside the trampoline so I can finish on the tramp. It's got bars so I can bounce really high. So fun! Speaking of fun, today's workout was not. It was actually quite miserable. But it was a start. It was nice to have my first day when no one else was there! I'm still a little awkward with some of the machines but will master them soon. I plan to go in the mornings (yuck!) before Paul goes to work. He seems to think that on the days I'm not going to Sisters, he'll go golfing. We'll see about that. He's actually getting pretty good. He went today with a dear friend who spends much time on the course. He claims that he often shot farther than that unnamed friend. Same thing happened last week with another friend. Those Wal-Mart clubs just might work out for my Dear Hubby.

11 comments:

  1. You're making me feel guilty!! You know how long I have been trying to get active? Yeah, can't say it's happened yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do it now before the babies start coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job rachel. i know, my pathetic squishy body was in need of activity too. i have also gone the gym route -- started a few weeks ago. i tuck the kids into bed and make a abreak for it. i actually really enjoy the "me" time ans sense of accomplishment that comes with a good workout. only part i dread is the crunches... and that's the whole reason i'm there... isn't that funny?
    -de

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go rachel! i agree with denise- once you get into a routine you'll really enjoy the time to yourself- i loved going to the gym but funds and time just don't allow it right now to i'm stuck with my pilates dvd and the jogging stroller- good too! enjoy your "you" time and that funky trampoline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. de - which gym do you go to? Same kind of thing? I'm so with you on the crunches. yuck. our evenings are too crazy for me to disappear then, and my gym closes at 8pm.

    tg - jogging stroller? you're supposed to JOG with one of those?! you must be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! I joined Curves in the summer before I found out I was preggers.. I loved it! Unfortunately, I'm having some health issues, but am hoping to get back into it after the OB gives his ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got back to the gym tonight after almost 3 months away and boy does it feel good. I know that I will sleep well tonight. Congrats on taking the first step and good luck with keeping it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Rachel! I've thought of joining places like that before so I'll be waiting for updates to hear how it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey rachel,
    so i know you left a comment on my blog eons ago, and i don't know if i ever replied to you. yes, i have been checking up on you. your children are very cute. your little gives me baby fever. i miss having a baby around. i was rwading about the new big boy bed. i remember when i first took rawley out of his crib. bedtimes and naps were a challange for a while, but he is great now. hats off to you for joining a gym. i would love to go but it is expensive and i always wonder how many times i will actually go to the gym... best of luck with it. :)
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi rachel! yes, i can comment under other/anonymous :) Good for you for getting a membership. i could never go before alf goes to work (he's up at 5:15), but i love walking around the lake...now i just need to add my pilates to the mix so i get rid of the spare tire! :)

    ReplyDelete