Thursday, March 8, 2007

i'm teething

wisdom teeth. still got 'em. all four. driving me crazy. One of my big molars has caused me quite a bit of grief over the last few years. The problem is that a good sized chunk of my gum has grown over and around it, which then gets inflamed and really really hurts. Had I not taken a break from going to to the dentist for over 5 years, I probably would have had them pulled by now. But I didn't, and having two small children to care for complicates the issue. Not to mention that there are no oral surgeons in town and the one who does come here occassionally may not be able to do it if it's too complicated. This means I have to go away, like, on a holiday, to have my wisdom teeth pulled. Grr. I certainly have empathy for Marty right now, I sure hope he's not in this much pain. Advil seems to take the edge off for me quite well and I think it's settling down a bit.

The last week has been a blur. I'm finally feeling better after the nasty cold my boys so generously shared with me. This is the first time I've felt so helpless to take care of them. My Hubby was so wonderfully helpful and I'm soooo glad he was able to help as much as he did. I think I'll keep him.

And now I really need to tend to the laundry on the couch before tackling dinner.

I'll be away from the computer for a bit over the next week as Paul's installing laminate floor in most of our upper floor. A few other minor renos as well. More info on all that later. In the meantime, we'll be camping out in our friends empty basement suite. It will be a clean, quiet, safe place to nap and sleep at night. No internet so I don't know when I'll get to check in again.

6 comments:

  1. sooo sorry to hear about the widsom teeth. One of mine poked through a few years ago, and the other three are up in the gums, but haven't moved yet. My dentist always wants me to get them removed, but why spend that insane amount of money when they aren't causing any problems? I know they say to get them pulled earlier, so the roots aren't as deep and it doesn't hurt so much, but i just can't bring myself to pay for it at this stage in the game.
    i hope the pain passes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wisdom teeth are awful!! I had all mine pulled a few years ago and then ended up with dry socket and infection blah blah blah, but at least the nightmare is over. You are more then welcome to check the internet here if you can handle the pausing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are they called wisdom teeth anyway? I had mine taken out a few years ago, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am sure you've been told... the longer you wait... they wont go away on their own...Hope the lay low and don't bug you to much.
    That is a real pain though about not being able to get it done in town, and having the wee ones around defiantly complicates thing!

    Enjoy your new floors when they are all done. :) Looking forward to the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ash, how about lunch too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy...those can really get annoying. I had the same issue years ago, and instead of getting them pulled out (which I should have), the dentist just zapped off the skin that had grown over them, so that really helped with the pain, swelling, and access to clean them. Maybe that is a temporary solution till you can get them pulled???
    DebZ :o\

    ReplyDelete