The garage sale was a huge success! We advertised that we were "open" at 9am. The first guy came at 8:07. And he seemed a little annoyed that we weren't ready for him. By 8:30 there were at least 10 people keeping around. How annoying! We were bringing stuff outside as fast as we could, trying to take money, answer questions, etc. One lady said it's been a long time since there's been a big sale with lots of good stuff. Another guy said we had strange items. Whatever. It added over $200 to our rainy day fund so we feel it was well worth the effort.
Max was miserably sick. As hard as it was to see him so unhappy, he was so snuggly. Only Mommy would do. We had lots of cuddles throughout the day. At naptime he fell asleep on my lap at the kitchen table while I was feeding Marty. Yup, Marty's full on sick now too. I started to feel crummy yesterday afternoon so I crawled into bed while the boys were napping. I was so frustrated to be awoken, not by my children, but by 4 neighbourhood boys who were playing IN MY BACKYARD. They've done so on a few different occassions. Of course it's always after school or on Saturday, right at naptime. I did kick them off our yard one time several months ago, but they seemed to have forgotten they weren't supposed to play in somebody else's yard. Our neighbours to one side are up a steep bank from us, and on the other side there's a steep bank down. I suspect our yard is the middle ground for their cops and robbers or whatever game of chase and attack they were playing. There's a greenbelt behind us and we don't care if they play there, but right in the middle of our back yard, right below my window - that's a bit much. So I opened the window and politely asked them to leave. We'll see how long it sticks this time. Next time I'm sending out the man of the house!
As I said, the boys and I skipped church today. We were in no condition to see anyone. I was so relieved when Paul came home. I put Marty down and left Paul to feed and put Max down for his nap. Then I went to bed.
I guess this being sick stuff has taken its toll on Max. He just couldn't stay awake.
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
Here's hoping tomorrow will be much better for us all.
This is Max being a turtle.

This is my sick little boy.
Oh poor sweet Max!! Aiden seemed a little concerned watching the video and was trying to wake him up! LOL I sure hope you are all feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteJust had a Ukraine Prayer meeting with a huge group including Don and Lorraine Williams, Jack's team. Followed by soup and buns.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that 3/4's of the Z's are sick. We will pray that you feel better fast. Tell Max I think he makes a real cute turtle, but my heart goes out to him with the fevered cheeks.
Love to you all Barry
Aww, you poor sickies! I hope you ALL feel better REAL soon!
ReplyDeleteThe videos of Max is SO cute and funny, too bad it is because he is so sick. :(
I had a good chuckle over that little video. Was he watching a show or just dozing in his chair? My kids have never done anything like that. So sweet! Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteDan and I just watched that video and laughed so hard. Very sweet! Hope you all feel better soon:)
ReplyDeleteThat video was priceless! Poor little guy... Mercy would be so offended if I caught her nodding off like that with the camera in her face! ;) What a cutie
ReplyDeleteWhat a weekend!! I wish I could have been there to help you. I pray that you will all be well very, very soon.
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are priceless. Thank you for taking the time to record these precious memories.
The ladybug story reminded me of the time when Josh was a few years old when he just LOVED trains, so I decided to take him for a ride on a real train from Qualicum to Courtney. We got to the station and there were ladybugs all over the outside walls of the station. I had to do some strong convincing for him to get on the train!! Ladybugs must have some magical power to captivate children.
I'm sorry too that you are struggling with sickness, but I wouldn't have been any help to you. We have a cold - I'm pretty sure it's the same one that got us. Dad worked half days every day last week; his kids are at work in the afternoons so he doesn't need to get a sub that way. He is about 5 days ahead of me though so today he actually feels not to bad and expects to stay a school the whole day - and go to his Department Head meeting after school. I, however, wonder if I will accomplish anything today and I'm not sure about work tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteLove you.
that video is priceless! what is it about kids' bobbing heads? :)
ReplyDeletei know what you mean about kids not respecting property lines - we had neighbors like that until recently...so frustrating, eh?
it's so yuck when the little ones are sick. I enjoy the calmness and cuddles for about an hour, but after that I'm ready for my normal boys. I'm sorry you guys are going through that!
ReplyDeletekellee