That's how March is arriving in my little town, and it sounds like it's the same for many of you. It's fascinating to watch the rain/snow/ice blowing whatever way the wind decides to blow. Sometimes I look out the front kitchen window and see snow falling and then look out the back window to see rain at the same time. The wind changes direction so quickly that the rain and snow (today it's soggy mix of both) seem to be going in circles.
I wonder how many people will brave the elements to come check out our garage sale tomorrow? Ashley and I are doing the sale together at our house. It will be so nice to get rid of stuff, and add some coin to our rainy day fund. I really had a good laugh at Ashley's recent post. A note to all the admirers of my children - if we ever have a baby girl, please. do. not. buy. any. headbands. thank you. Sorry, Elaine G!
Max commemorated March 1st the same way he did February 1st - with a gross and nasty cold! On Wednesday he woke up from his nap crying hysterically, coughing, and barking like a seal. Paul came home from work and we were able to get in to see the doctor right away. Croup. No fun. He got a one-timer shot of meds that took care of that pretty quickly. The next day his nose was overtaken and had been miserable for two days and nights. Last night I asked Paul to crack his door open a little bit as the humidifier was on and it gets pretty hot in there. Paul came back to bed and we were about to say our prayers when we heard the pitter patter of little feet find their way to our bedside. This was the first time he's done this so we thought it was cute. The novelty wore off pretty quick. He snuggled with us for a while but did not settle so I finally convinced him to go back to sleep in his bed. I guess Marty's next. He's starting to sniffle a little bit. And I predict he'll be crawling within a week. He's getting very adventurous! (**Edited to add: We just went in to give the boys kisses and Max is sleeping contedly, breathing through his nose. Here's hoping tomorrow's a much better day!**)
Have you seen that GE commercial with the little boy who catches the wind in a jar and takes it to blow out the old man's birthday candles? I love it!
So, I'm the kind of gal who just can't wait to chill on the couch as soon as the kidlets are in bed. The problem is that I get stuck there. There's always a blog or 10 to read and comment on, often something captivating on TV, and it's the greatest time of day to sit with a cup of tea or hot chocolate and enjoy it - UNINTERRUPTED. I've nearly given up on my daily nap as the boys' sleeping schedules are still quite different. Yesterday I did crawl into bed but it was to read the book I'm reading for a book club - more about that in another post. I only got a few paragraphs read before The Bug woke up. So I came up a solution that has worked really well so far. Okay, so I only started it an hour ago but I think it might help me a bit. I have a stovetop kettle (that my Hubby picked out and I love!) that takes a good long time to boil the water. In the time it took to boil the water, I got all the supper dishes off the table and the dishwasher started. We'll see how this new endeavor at keeping up with my chores works out. And on that note I need to finish this up to go downstairs and organize for the big sale tomorrow. (Ashley's had her stuff sorted and priced for days now. She's probably been in bed for an hour already and I haven't even started pricing yet. Go figure.)
I just added Leah to my links. Paul knows her from many years back and we are very good friends with her sister Elizabeth and her family. Andrew & Leah's kids are really close to the same age as ours and it's great fun to read about her daily adventures.
What a great update. :)
ReplyDeleteNot the part about the boys getting sick though. :(
I hear ya on the whole just wanting to crash after the kids are in bed, but having a clean kitchen in the morning makes me happy so... I just have to get my butt in gear.
Hope your sale goes well tomorrow. :)
Hope your garage sale is going well right now!
ReplyDeletecolds are horrible...we go through our share of them too. ty's prone to catching brauncitis. and both of them have something now, i just haven't taken them to the dr yet. i hesitate on the antibiotics. Hope max is feeling better, and that your garage sale went well. We are having a youth sale soon too. talk to you later!
ReplyDeleteCROUP!!!Rachel my friend, what ever you do read up on it, and be prepared because if it happens once it is likely to happen again so be prepared for whenMax has the next bout. It often happens in the middle of the night and is really scary. One fast remedy if he is gasping for breath is to take him into the bathroom turn the shower on hot and get as much moist air as possible into him. You don't need to put him in the water just get moist air into him quickly. I have been there.
ReplyDeleteHope the little guys get better quickly.
Barry
Aw, thanks Grandpa Foulds. See, you do have something to contribute to all this childrearing talk!
ReplyDeleteCaptivated is a good word to describe our relationship to the TV.
ReplyDeleteEasy way to not get captivated by the TV is to sell it.
I had fun yesterday!! Did you? I felt so sad to see poor Max feeling under the weather. I hope your household is healthy again soon. Oh, and for your information, I did not go to bed last night until 11. I can do it!! LOL
ReplyDeleteWhat a weekend!! I wish I could have been there to give you a hand. I pray that you will all be well very, very soon.
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
MamaZ