
Aside from the stoke of brilliance demonstrated in the photo above, Marty has surprised me by saying 3 new words in the past few days. He doesn't really have much to say in general. Growls, squeals and screams seem to get his point across quite effectively, so he hasn't said much that is very distinguishable as a word. The past few days he's been more clearly saying "Mama" and I caught him practicing, almost whispering "Mommy", as he was mimicking Max whining at me.
He also surprised me yesterday when we were watching videos of a friend's new baby. He LOVES babies and as he was very intently watching her, said "Baby". It was the sweetest sound of that word I think I've ever heard. He said it several more times.
The last word he came up with, just today, brought a richer, deeper, stronger feeling to the surface of my heart. He said, and has continued to say throughout the day ... "No!". And he's even added an emphatic point of the finger, just to show he's serious. Sigh.
the first two words are great. the third? well, probably cute right now ;)
ReplyDeleteas for that second word, maybe you need to give him some real reason to keep practicing that word ;)
I love the sound of words from the lips of little people.
ReplyDeleteToo cute!
ReplyDelete