Sunday, October 15, 2006

Amazing Race 10/15

I just finished watching Amazing Race and I have things to say. I'm going to try to add this link to my sidebar so I (or you, if you so choose to participate) don't have to go back to find this post.

I still find most of the teams rather uninspiring and have not yet picked a favourite. Based on tonight's show, I think I've settled to cheer for the Cho brothers, or Dave & Mary - "Coalminer and wife". The brothers impressed me by saying that they're not in it for the money (ya right!). But they want to play a fair game so that's refreshing. As for Dave & Mary, he said tonight he wants to win the money so he can get out of the mines and be with there for his family and "put my kids on an aeroplane". Mary's quote of the night: "I love him more tonight than I did the day we started this race!" Was that, like, a week earlier? How sweet. And the rest of the bunch - no thanks. As I said, they're all rather uninspiring or just really annoying.

A new twist! Marked for Elimination: In case you missed it ... this was a non-elimination leg of the race. The team that arrived last (Dave & Mary) was not eliminated and they did not have to turn in all their money and belongings (as has been the rule in past races). Instead, on the next leg of the race they have to arrive first. If they are not first, they incur a 30 min. penalty during which they may be eliminated. I guess if they survive that they're still in the game.

So there you have my thoughts for tonight. Join the fascinating discussion if you wish.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with all your points Rach!! I said the exact same thing tonight. We watch it with our friends upstairs and none of us are into any team yet. They are not captivating at all. There's not character to them. We're kind of rooting for the rehab guys. They seem to be decent and not so annoying. The black ladies are bugging me. And when that one lady made the comment about wanting to be with the rich people and not wanting anybody to touch her on the bus.....she made me angry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you are an AR fan!
    Me too!
    I to find this seasons teams uninspiring if I had to pick a team to root for it would be the brothers and the rehab/models. I did like what Dave and Mary said tonight to although sometimes they can be annoying. The boyfriend/girlfriend team, they have issues! And don’t get me started on Peter!!! Gerrr, it’s not that I really like Sarah either, it just that he is such a…
    It’s kinda hard to measure up to last season race though, but this one is not over yet so we’ll have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well since my world is now addictions, i'm most intrigued by the rehab guys....mostly because i just really wonder how they are coping with all the stress of the game and what must be going through their minds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize until last night that they're both addicts. That's an interesting view of the race, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was originally rooting for Peter & Sarah, but Peter seems to be quite the jerk. Though Sarah has really overcome some major odds with her leg/knee. But i still haven't settled on who i want to win this one yet. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete