Wednesday, October 4, 2006

This is kinda cool (and it's free!)

I've added a site meter to my blog. And, oh my - what a lot of information it tells me. If you're not sure how much traffic your blog is getting and wondering "is it really worth it?", try a site meter for a while. I was quite astonished at the traffic (and where it came from) even in the first 12 hours it was tracking. I recommend using Site Meter as it has lots of options for you to choose from as far as the style of your meter, as well as the level of privacy of your meter. It's pretty nifty how it tracks where your visits are coming from. I can see why some of my friends are going to a more private blog provider, to be more directly aware of who is accessng their site. I'm still content with blogger, though. I haven't been doing this long enough to run into the uploading and posting problems others seem to be having. Perhaps it's because I use a Mac ...

This is not to scare you away - it's to remind you that I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE and would love to hear from you!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, Rachel, we're all watching you!! Actually, it's great to be able to get updates on the "old group" on my own time through the blog world! That's sounds a little selfish, but I work nights, so it works great for me! Gives me something fun to do, too! I always enjoy your pics!

    So, besides Japan, what place is farthest that your traffic is travelling from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More pics coming soon. I've got some gooders.

    Some surprising ones have been Surrey in PEI (although my smarty-pants computer friend says it's actually somebody in Abbotsford, which makes much more sense), somewhere in Illinois & Wisconsin, and in Australia. But I was able to trace most of them back to someone I know so I wasn't too weirded out by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caught me ;) But you already knew I'm out here lurking!!

    I have a site meter too - it's fun, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. i keep forgetting to switch mine over since i got a new blog template, but i know when i started, i was totally shocked to find out where people were coming from to read my blog! crazy, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also definitely a fan of the site meter! It is very interesting. You have no idea just how many people are checking your blog ... makes one feel guilty for not posting more often. Poor people keep coming back to the same posts time and time again! Oh well ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, that's good to know. i'll have to look into it. i do look at your blog a lot - always look forward to updated pics!! sometimes (as you well know) i don't comment. but i'm still here!!

    ReplyDelete