Sunday, October 15, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mama!

Today is my Mom's birthday. The special day to celebrate a special lady. (Even though she wouldn't wear to church the "#1 Mommy" sticker I sent her!) I don't have access to pictures of her right now but I'll tell you what they would be ...

Mom holding a little baby or hugging a not so little child.
Mom knitting a white baby blanket ... 10 so far.
Mom trying desperately to finish knitting her black sweater before she has to make another white baby blanket, or a colourful big kid from Africa blanket.
Mom doing dishes.
Mom in her office at church laaaate at night.
Mom serving a yummy pumpkin pie.
Mom doing dishes at my house.
Mom reading a book to a little kid in her life.
Mom praying for sick babies.
Mom getting excited for their big trip to Japan. How many sleeps?
Mom doing dishes in the tent trailer.
Mom picking out just the right colours for her new retirement home.
Mom packing lunches every school night for the last 36 years.
Mom shaking a big jar of farm fresh milk - wish I had a picture of that!
Mom doing dishes at LA's house.
Mom posing for a picture in the wilderness somewhere.
Mom searching through books, magazines and the internet for healthy meal ideas.
Mom on the phone with one of her kids, giving them Grandma M's marshmallow salad recipe, or answering some other urgent question (usually mine, I suspect!)
Mom taking the bus through the night to help her sick daughter take care of her sick kids.
Mom doing dishes, yet again, to make room in the kitchen to prepare the next meal.

That's a little bit of what my Mom looks like.

I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Rachel.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom sounds BUSY!! I was hoping things would slow down a little once I'm a grandma! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete