Three years ago, nearly to the minute, Maximilian arrived and changed our world forever. Not just our world, he changed THE WHOLE WORLD! This kid is incredible.
*Sorry, no pictures with this post, as I'm not at home.*
It's really been quite something to see him transform from a little thirsty creature to a ... well, a big thirsty creature. :) One who walks, runs, spins, and does ninja moves. And he talks, oh this boy talks. He has endeared himself to so many - the young and the not so young. He is curious like I've never seen. He questions everything (still not the big "why?"), he is very thorough in what he does - like tonight when he was going down the stairs ... he was half way down before he realized he had forgotten to hold on to the railing. Back up to the top he went to hold on all the way down. "I do it", "I get it", "We don't want that", "Oh maaaaan", "Can we do it - yes we can!".
We're so excited to see how his world will open up this fall when he goes to preschool. We know he'll love the experience and it will really help keep his active mind satisfied. His good friend Ed (Brenda's Dad) says he'd love to spend more time with him just to watch all the activity and to keep him busy learning more things. Maybe we'll have to arrange for him to spend a weekend with them! :)
Today was fairly low-key. I had actually forgotten it was his birthday until he came to remind me. (He and Paul had already talked about it.) He and Marty played well while I got everything together for our little holiday in Qualicum Beach. The "big ferry doat" was lots of fun, hopefully the weather will be better on the return voyage so we can enjoy the outside deck. Oma had a cake and a present which we all enjoyed. (Marty was a pro with the chocolate cake after his own Birthday experience.)
The boys are both finally settled (about an hour now) in their beds and I'm going crazy with itchy eyes from my allergies. I may even have a slight infection in one of them from all the itching. I think I forgot to take my antihistimine today. I KNOW it's been a while since my last shower so I'm off to do that. I wonder if Oma has a hair dryer I can borrow as I still haven't unpacked mine. I have no idea where it is!
happy birthday max!!!
ReplyDeleteWe wished you Happy Birthday under another post, but nothing like saying it twice, "Happy Birthday Max!!!" We miss you and are glad to hear that you are having a fabulous time with all new adventures. Love Aiden & Caileigh (and Sean and Ashley)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Max. Wow 3 years old! Preschool will be so fun for him in the fall! I can't wait for Kate to go to preschool...she is going to love it! Hope you guys get settled soon and start to feel like your home again!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Max!
ReplyDeleteHey max,
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!!!
Good to hear you guys are doing well.
Happy Birthday Max!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!!! Can't wait to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteThree already?!!! Happy Birthday Max!
ReplyDelete