Sunday, July 8, 2007

No child was carelessly unsupervised in the events described herein.

I started running the water for the boys' bath the other day. Marty loves to splash his hands in it as it comes out of the tap. I went out to get something from my room and heard a splash. He had climbed right in, must have been head first. I was in the bathroom before he even got his head back up out of the water. He was instantly soaked - shirt, diaper and all. Didn't phase him one bit as he sat on one knee and one foot and continued to play in the water as it filled the tub.

Yesterday, after our long day away from home, I couldn't bring myself to put the boys to bed when they were so filthy dirty. They were both in the tub, playing happily. Max asked for a pickle (his new bathtime snack) so I asked Mom to listen for any trouble. We both heard the thump-a-bump and came to see that, this time, Marty had crawled OUT of the tub. He wasn't so keen to get back in but I got him as clean as I could with him crying, clinging to me, clamoring to get out one more time.

I am sorely behind in reading blogs. I can keep up with the ones that aren't updated frequently but for the more abundant writers, I'm way behind.

Another full afternoon and evening awaits us. Paul plans to finish painting our place tomorrow and *hopefully* we'll be moving in on Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Ah...bathtime. Just finished it here. Hope you guys get settled in quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adventures in baby bathing.
    hope you get settled in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to hear that you are all settled. I was sad to miss your call the other day. Funny thing was I was home but didnt hear it ring. Can I call you back at that #? Thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete