I decided on Thursday that it was time for Marty to start sleeping through the night. He went down at his regular time, by 8:30 I'd guess. I didn't go to bed because I wanted to be alert and ready for a challenge when he did his usual first wake-up at around 11:30. Yes, my 10 mo. old is still on a 3 hour nighttime feeding schedule. He woke up at 11:15 but wasn't really crying. It was more like complaining. He yelled at me a little bit but I just waited it out. After 40 minutes of this he was finally quiet. After 10 minutes of quiet I thought I'd go in to cover him up. BIG MISTAKE! He poked his little head up, saw me, and started crying. I didn't have the heart to make him cry it out again so I nursed him. But his nose was so stuffy that he couldn't even drink very well so he gave up. I put him back in bed. He wimpered a tiny bit when I left but then slept till 8:30 am. Yay!
Last night I put him down closer to 8:00. He settled fine but woke up once within about an hour. He was asleep for real by 9-something and woke up today at 9:15! Can it really be so? Here's hoping he keeps it up for a long long time.
And wouldn't you know - Max was up and wandering down the hall at 4:30 this morning. He came into our bed with the intention to "sleep" there. Ya right. We promptly returned him to his own bed. Our old doorknob locks don't work on the new door handles. We figure he's just testing the bounaries. Like Angella said yesterday, he's just making sure the rules are still there. You bet they are, little man!
Yay for sleeping! Oh...I can't wait for the day they don't test boundaries...but I think it will continue until they're adults!
ReplyDelete:)
oh i hope solid nights of sleep continue for you and little marty! it's so great when they just figure it out:)
ReplyDeleteGo Marty Go!!! How great would that be!!
ReplyDeleteyeah marty!!!! keep it up!
ReplyDeletefunny. our dog is testing the boundries the same way a child does. she keeps crawling into bed during the middle of the nite thinking she's sleeping there. we've gotten tired of tucking her back into her own bed (which we've already moved to the foot of our bed instead of the lounge room) so now when she decides to sleep in the bed she usually gets to. so much for teaching her the boundries.
ReplyDeleteRachel,
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on our blog. Feel free to visit any time. Oh the joys of little boys! I'm glad your youngest is figuring out the wonders of a full night's sleep -- hope it keeps up!
So what's your connection to Tim and Helen? Tim and I graduated from TWU together and I work part time at the Tribune, so we keep up with each other there -- mostly share kid stories.
If you want to chat more about little boys, feel free to e-mail waklh@ix.netcom.com.
Happy Easter!
Kerri
I know how good you are feeling right now. I know I felt like a new woman. Enjoy your newfound energy!
ReplyDelete