Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's great to be green

We had a great day yesterday. We both felt motivated and just sick and tired of the mess from renovating and being on holidays and being just way too busy ... we spent the morning cleaning the house top to bottom. And now it is so very lovely. (Pictures very soon.) Paul even took both boys out for a while so I could have some housecleaning peace. Max loves being in town with Paul and Marty fell asleep in the truck for nap #1. Max didn't nap in the afternoon so we went out again. This time just to Zellers to get some new curtains for his room. The king size duvet cover just doesn't do the trick anymore. I have to alter the curtains a bit but they'll work really nicely. After errands we went down to the waterfront. By this time Marty was well into nap #2 in the truck so I stayed with him (drinking my chai tea latte from Starbucks - pretty much the only thing I like from there) while Paul took Max out to burn off his grumpies. A friend was there with his daughter and her friend who were riding bikes so Max chased the girls for a loooong time. I was amazed at how long he ran, nonstop! That wore him out pretty good and he fell asleep as we went for a drive a short way out of town.

These pictures are not from today but it was another one of those days when we just had to get out and enjoy the fresh air. It was the day Paul left for Calgary, we went the next day. No rain, no snow, even some sunshine. Perfect chance to visit the waterfront.


A trip to the park in early March led us to some great fun. A city worker was doing something with a fire hydrant. He abandoned his post for a while so I let Max play in the water for a bit. He was already dressed for the occassion. The man came back just as I was taking the pictures.

6 comments:

  1. I love Max's rainsuit - perfect for some fire hydrant fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE those sweet boys! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a STARBUCKS in Rupert? Wow :)

    Great pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rain outfit! Easy to find Max in a crowd. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you LOVE a just cleaned house? Glad your renos are done and can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE those pictures! So cute!

    ReplyDelete