Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

First, I'd like to thank my mother for all she did for me that day 28 years ago. I couldn't have done it without you! :) (And all the years in between, too.)

I think this is the first year in a long time that I've had snow on my birthday. We've had some heavy frost for the last week or so and today woke up to a light dusting of snow. It's still coming down a wee bit. But now that I think of it, last year may have been snowy too. Sadly, last year Hubby had to be out of town with his boys volleyball team. I think it was provincials, and they came in very last. The boys all gave me a card. I had never even met them but it was pretty cute. That night I went to Deb's for dinner & cake.

To celebrate today, I plan to take the boys for a walk into town to get some more Padraig slippers. I got a pair for Max and love them so much I'm getting a pair that will fit Marty next year. They're on sale at the little shop downtown so now's the time. Then up to Zellers (woo hoo!) for a few things. I think somewhere along the trip I'll find something hot and chocolatey to drink. (Maybe at Safeway, the newbies at Starbucks are learning to make drinks so they're free!) Then the big excitement of the day is that we'll take the bus home. I don't like walking home so close to lunch and nap time as Max sometimes decides he doesn't need a real nap. Then tonight we're getting a babysitter and heading out for dinner, and most likely dessert!

Thanks everyone who has already sent, emailed or called Happy Birthday wishes.

12 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!!! hope your day is filled with snow, hot/chocolatey items and some time to relax, even though you're alone with the boys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy happy birthday!!! I sure hope that your morning was as wonderful as it sounded like it was going to be!! Enjoy dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, Rachel, Happy Birthday!!! I was thinking about it all week, but you beat me to it!
    Hope your walk in town was wonderful this morning... and enjoy a wonderful date night tonight!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 28th, Rachel! Hope it is a GREAT day for you! And hope you have an awesome date night with PZ, and that your walk/bus trip with the kids was lovely!

    Free Starbucks? Sounds good to me! Peppermint Mocha or Eggnog Latte? Yum!

    Cool Padraig slippers. I got a pair for Kaleb as a shower gift from a then pastor's wife at Willingdon. This woman actually makes these slippers for the company. I had never heard of them before, but they are really neat! And nice and warm for PR winters!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, I hope that you have a great one. Enjoy your dinner and your evening out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday miss rachel!!! by the way i would have remembered even without your blog reminder...it's written on my calendar!!

    hope you're enjoying a fun day with your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Hope you have agreat evening out! :)

    Hey did you know they are doing an Amazing Race All-Stars next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. rachel
    Happy Birthday!!!!
    Hope you had a wonderful day!!!
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday!!! I'm sorry, I meant to call you today. Looks like this little guy will not be sharing a birthday with you, sadly, unless he comes in the next 36 minutes (wouldn't that be great??). Hope you had a great night out - you deserve it!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RACHEL!!!
    Hope you had a great day!
    Love,
    your cous,
    Me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I regret being a day late with my post (we had computer "issues" yesterday), but that fact doesn't detract from what I am about to say.
    Happy Birthday! to our daughter.
    And I am going to share with everyone who cares to read it, the blessing you are to our family. You introduced your blog by quoting "The Family Blessing" we shared together in 2003. Here is Rachel's Blessing shared on the same ocassion ...
    "You bring to the family the blessing of Generosity. You love to bestow to others the gifts of support and encouragement,
    sometimes with a tangible object,
    but often with just your words.
    You give your time to people who need a caring friend to listen.
    May you always confidently trust in the Lord to care for you. In doing so your good deeds will never be forgotten and you will have influence and honour.
    (from Psalm 112)"
    It's as true today as it was on Christmas Day 2003, and our prayer for you remains the same.
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Rachel
    Hope you had a wonderful day with your boys!

    ReplyDelete