These are the ingredients I use to make the dessert in my middle size (2.5 L) Tupperware Impressions bowl (mine is yellow).
1 pkg. Mr. Christie's Chocolate wafers (you'll find them near the oreo/graham crumbs at your supermarket)
500 ml. whipping cream
half package of instant chocolate pudding mix
1 Tbs. instant coffee, crushed to a fine powder
Whip the cream, adding the pudding mix and coffee. Don't make it too stiff or it will be hard to spread and you'll run out.
Put a dollop in the bottom of the bowl and cover with a layer of cookies.
More cream, then more cookies until you run out.
I found it easy to spread the cream with the actual cookies, rather than trying to use a spatula.
Finish with a layer of the cream and then shave baking chocolate over the top.
This last time I made it, I didn't have enough cream at the end so I whipped up a bit more and had a white layer on the very top with the chocolate shavings on that. It's a good idea to do a trial run so you know if you need to use more cookies or cream.
It's nice in a bowl that you can see through.
And it was all eaten up!
Hi there. That treat looks great! I found you again. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I know Kristin Foulds through comment-snooping, I think... then I found you, right?
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, feel free to come by anytime... devriesthree.blogspot.com
Mmmmm, sounds good Rach. It's always fun to get new recipe ideas. And anything with chocolate is good!!!!
ReplyDeleteOohhhhh, I LOVE that chocolate log dessert so I'm sure I'd love this. The chocolate log reminds me of my childhood! Great memories! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAndy loves the log dessert and Trifle is his favorite. This sounds like a great combo of his 2 favs. I will definitely have to try it.
ReplyDeleteWow Rachel! This sounds amazing! I will have to remember this one! Sounds pretty simple, and I'm all about simple! :o)
ReplyDelete