Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It's our turn

Rainy Rupert is having a snowy, blowy day. We've had light dustings of snow over the last few weeks but today is the first substantial snow fall. It still looks magical as the roads aren't brown and slushy yet. The flakes are very tiny so it's taking a while to accumulate. I hope the wind stops so we can take Max out to play. I'll have to find those size 8 boots my Dad bought when M was a baby! For now we're nice and cozy inside. Max has embraced his Padraig "house shoes" (doesn't like slippers :) and I'm wishing I had my own. (That's not a hint, I'll get them eventually!) Marty is cozy as ever in his snowflake sleeper. And I think I hear him cooing himself awake. Not anything too exciting, just the goings on at our house. **By the time I had finished writing this, the sand truck had rumbled up and down our winter wonderland. I guess the people want to be able to get their cars up the hill.**

3 comments:

  1. oooh...post some pictures of the snow! isn't it gorgeous? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, well. I'll have to post some from last week's snowfall because it's raining now. what a tease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am living in a winter wonderland down here in Vancouver. 12 inches of white stuff over the weekend and another 6 last night. Now the above zero temp is causing everything to melt and big puddles are forming everywhere. Because of the freezing rain warning that was supposed to come early this morning, I actually managed to get a snow day...very exciting...although nothing is getting done and I really should get on that. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete