Friday, November 17, 2006

a new post

Well Niki, here's a new post for you. I admit, I was hoping for something new already. I will tell you, my friend, that many friends here are impressed with my Mei Tai. Never seen the likes of such a thing. I took the boys to Wiggles & Squiggles (gym play time) on Thursday and put Marty on my back. Once they saw me walking around with him they wanted to see how I did it. Next week I'll do a demonstration. It was a little nerve wracking doing it on the gym floor, not with the safety of the couch and carpet close by. I feel like a pro already!

Big weather, everywhere it seems. We've had snow on and off for the last week or so. Nothing too treacherous but minorly inconvenient. Paul said tonight that he wants to find somewhere else to store the trailer for our business so we can have our carport back. Yay! Getting myself and the kids in and out of the truck in the rain is sometimes miserable. Last night we had a big thunder storm. Well, it was really only one big bang. Kinda spooky. It felt as though it was right on our rooftop. My neighbour across the street who is a RCMP officer was certain it was explosives. The big noisy hailstorm that followed moments later tells me it must have been thunder. Max has been loving the snow, although from afar. We haven't had enough snow or enough time to get out and play. And to him it's not just snow, it's "ice snow". The other day he took off from the front door and across the lawn. Before I could catch him he had gone down the little bank to our neighbour's driveway (front yard, not the back, for those of you who have seen the big bank in the back). He had a face and hood full of snow and was none too pleased about it. I brushed it away and se made our way across town to my friend's house to pick out some Mary Kay. I think I've finally found some good colours and actually know how to use them.

Paul is still the only pastor at our church. We're very excited to have a couple here "checking us out" on an unofficial candidating trip this weekend. Won't say much about who they are and where they're from but it's exciting all the same. Tomorrow I'm taking the Mrs. with me to the craft fair and stocking stuffer show (Watkins - I want some expensive pepper & cinnamon in nice tin cans, Tupperware, Home & Gift, Usborne, Discovery Toys, etc.) Sadly, the catering lady will not be there with her mini cream puffs and chocolate fountain. On my wish list for the craft fair is some cozy slippers for Max & myself (can never get enough!), and I've really been wanting a honey pot with a wooden stick thingy. Perhaps I'll find one there. I missed the craft fair last year. I went to the small business one but didn't even know about the craft fair until I went to vote that evening and it was all over. Sigh. I'm very much looking forward to it. Back to the visitors - tonight there's a games night with the church people. As it's past 11:00, I'm guessing PZ found someone to play Rook with him. Tomorrow night we're having a couples dessert night. Getting a babysitter for that, first time leaving both boys. She'll be great, though. Max adores her! Marty just need to be fed and put to bed, or I guess she can just keep him up if need be. Sunday, the Mr. will preach. PZ has enjoyed three weeks off from the pulpit but will be back at it next week, as well as preparing talks for youth. They just finished up the Quest program so he'll have more talks to take care of. Sunday afternoon we're having the Mr. & Mrs. and another couple over for lunch. I'll be making Elizabeth's yummy hamburger soup and cheese biscuits. Can't wait.

What easy, yummy dessert should I make to take on Saturday evening?

And this news is so very exciting, I can't believe I haven't told you yet! Our Safeway is getting a total make-over! Gone are the turnstile check-outs, pink peg-board candy stands, the cracked concrete floor. In are lovely "wood" and lino floors, big fancy conveyor belts (which my friend who is a cashier doesn't like at all!) and STARBUCKS! I'm not a 'bucks fan (ooo, dare I say that?) but it's just so exciting to have a little piece of the big city here. And I've heard they have great kids drinks, which Max will be crazy about. They've been going like mad to get the reno done and it will be so lovely when it's done in a few weeks. Shout out to our friend Sean, Mr. First Assistant Manager, for making it all go so smoothly.

Here's a funny little fact about our town. There is one, only one, drive thru. McDonald's. No drive thru banking, pharmacy, TIMMY'S, it's actually something I really miss about the big city. I find I don't do so many errands and essential trips to Tim's, as it would require me taking my little ones in with me. So I either go on foot with the stroller or just don't go until I'm kid-free.

Well, I should get to tidying the kitchen and hanging up the clean laundry before it gets tossed on the floor and then I don't know what's clean and what's not, then having to do it all over again.

Oh, and we got a new TV. 27" flat screen on a pedestal. Not too exciting for some people but it's a real step-up from our little 14-incher. Are the Lions in the Grey Cup? I'm out of the loop. Ah, yes they are. Have you heard about the Grey Cup Greybeards? George is in Wpg. for his 61st Grey cup game. His buddy who passed away earlier this year would have been at number 71. Wow! Just learned that on the news on my huge-screen tv.

And off to other things. G'night.

5 comments:

  1. You make life here sound so exciting and it puts a smile on my face!! Have fun tonight without the kids and you will have to tell me all about it tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed the fairs as well. Chat with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rach, that was a long post!! It was good to hear about all your PRup outings! Hope you have fun! So who are the Mrs. and the Mr.? Is it you guys? The way you worded it I was confused. Remember I talk to 3 and 4 year olds all the time so sometimes I'm not very good at adult language and sentence configuration. Wow, configuration, that was a big word for me. Sometimes I don't know if I can talk like an adult anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are Mr. & Mrs. V. But that's all I'll share as they are really just checking us out and aren't certain they will leave their home and jobs where they live to start a new life here.

    The fairs ... I was kinda disappointed with the craft fair. Didn't find the slippers I wanted and no honey pots in sight. I came away with mittens for Max and a dozen cookies. Ordered my cinnamon, pepper, and instant chai latte. Max was not happy for the whole excursion so that made things less merry. My friend very much enjoyed the event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I didn't realize they were the people checking Rupert out. Sorry, I wouldn't have asked knowing that they're to remain anonymous at this point. My mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for listening to my request and adding a new post! ;)

    So glad you are liking and using your new BabyHawk! How great to use it at Wiggles and Squiggles! Then Marty can be part of the action too! Andy and I are working on a "new" website that will have both my pouches and the mei tais! Yay! It just takes forever!!

    Hope your visitors had a good time on their trip to scope out PR. Praying that you will have official candidates soon!

    What did you make for your Saturday night dessert?

    ReplyDelete