Thank you so much for all the birthday greetings. I did have a lovely day. Oh, except for that bus ride. My stroller didn't fit! The driver had to help me take off the back wheels and then I had to shimmy it into the little stroller spot and support it with my leg. The boys sat with the wheels on their laps. Getting off was just as frustrating. So, I've now got 10 bus tickets for sale.
I love my stroller and am VERY CONTENT with my choice, but check out Lizzie's new e3 by Phil & Ted's.
Dinner at Cow Bay Cafe was delightful. It's a very small little place that is only open from 12-2:30 for lunch and 6-8:30 for dinner. The menu changes weekly, depending on what the chef has on hand. She must have found a good deal on lamb, as there were several lamb dishes on the menu. I wasn't brave enough to choose that, and most of everything else had curry in it. The BBQ ribs were a safe and good choice. One thing I've never seen before was using pommegranate seeds for garnish. She put them in the salad too, which was really good. Every now and then a little burst of flavour. Mmm. I'd highly recommend you go there next time you're in PR. (And you should call us, because we'd probably like to visit you too.)
that is one sweet stroller! i wish they had better ones when dani was a baby, it's a great 4x4 stroller, but i wish it had some of the cool new things. oh well...
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good birthday dinner!
ReplyDeleteSorry for the stroller on bus fiasco! Wow, I would have been sweating over the stress and hassle, despite the cold! Yes, the E3 would be good for the bus, but I like your stroller better. Both kids can see!
I LOVE pomegranates!
Rachel-I'm so glad you had a nice time on your birthday! It's funny because I realized I didn't even know your age until you posted it!
ReplyDeleteI will miss my chariot, the way it allowed the boys to cuddle, but for my new lifestyle(in and out of the car) I am so pleased with my new stroller! You were brave taking them on the bus.....it's nice though that the wheels come off pretty easy for times like that. And suprisingly so, both my kids can see just fine!
I had to make a fruit platter for a church thing and put pomegranate seeds all over it....so pretty but some people were like, what the heck are those!