Tuesday, November 14, 2006

(Not so) Amazing Race 11/12

Well another disappointing week. But now I can't stop watching because I still want to know who wins. There are so many grumpy people and then the much-too-nice Cho brothers. I don't particulary care who wins, just not Rob & Kimberly. (Isn't she so pretty? Just not very friendly.)

From cbs.com
Since winning THE AMAZING RACE, Tyler MacNiven has been in San Francisco buying all the toys he ever wanted as a kid. "I've bought a giant kite, an electric skateboard, and the world's largest set of sidewalk chalk," he shares. He plans on using what's left of his money to buy a house with his two brothers. Tyler's relationship with his teammate BJ Averell is stronger than ever. If they're not riding camels at Burning Man or swimming laps in the San Francisco Bay, they're often in Los Angeles working on short films and television. The two are frequently recognized on the street as being Starsky and Hutch, but occasionally they get yelled the classic, "Hey Hippies!" Tyler aims to further his career as a travel-documentary filmmaker, with plans to shoot movies in Iran, Cuba, and China. He also sells the award winning DVD of his walk across Japan on his website, kintarowalksjapan. (Very funny, watch the trailer and the music video.) When he's not running around the world with BJ, Tyler can sometimes be found waiting tables at his older brother's seafood restaurant, Woodhouse Fish Company, in San Francisco. Tyler is urging his brother to add crickets to the menu, arguing "they aren't actually that bad after the first few." His brother stubbornly refuses, firmly stating that crickets are not seafood.

BJ Averell and his teammate Tyler MacNiven have had one crazy summer since winning THE AMAZING RACE in May 2006. After a whirlwind day in New York City of interviews on THE EARLY SHOW, FINISH LINE and "Live with Regis and Kelly," BJ returned to Los Angeles that weekend and judged an insect cook-off between entomologist chefs at the Natural History Museum's Bug Fair. Soon afterwards, BJ & Tyler were whisked away to Toronto, where they discovered that Canadians are crazy about THE AMAZING RACE. The "hippies" were often followed down the streets by paparazzi and young women, and had to take refuge at "The Top of the World" in the CN Tower. They were also asked to throw out the first pitch for the Ottawa Lynx baseball team, and celebrated Canada Day in the nation's capital. The two heroes then returned to America to celebrate Independence Day with their friends and fellow citizens. They served as grand marshals of Redwood City's Fourth of July parade, watched a tank run over cars at the estate of their billionaire friend, and enjoyed the fireworks over the bay from a San Francisco rooftop. The two were last seen together at Burning Man, where they dueled with plastic lightsabers and zipped around on Tyler's electric skateboard. That's not to say that BJ hasn't taken some time to enjoy himself since returning from the Race. "I try to play frisbee, volleyball and basketball with my friends every once in a while," he says from a hiking trail in Malibu. "I've also taken up tennis, but I'm not very good at it. I left my roommate's extra racket on the roof of the car and it got lost. I'll probably buy him another one sometime soon."

Previous discussions:
AR 11/05
AR 10/29
AR 10/22
AR 10/15

4 comments:

  1. In the preview for next week's race, it looks like alliance is over for the cho boys. so hopefully they'll finally get themselves in gear and move ahead! them or the girls. They're not always the nicest, but i do like them! I don't want alabama or rob&kim to win. that's that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much what Kelly said.

    I do agree with you, the teams aren't that exciting, but you have to watch just because.

    I don;t like it when they laves us with no one eliminated or "marked for elimination". It is unsatisfying! Gerrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Wow! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gotta add another post, Rachel! It scares me to open up your blog and see those crazy faces!!! (I have not watched AR this season, so they are unfamiliar to me.)

    ReplyDelete