Monday, January 29, 2007

Marty has taken to doing complete roll-overs now. Now the fun begins! Time to get serious about picking up little things and maybe more vvaaccuummiinngg (do YOU know how to spell it?) a little more! It's nice because now he doesn't get frustrated when he gets stuck on his belly. Also of note, last night he slept 9 pm - 7 am, once again. I can think of a few contributing factors ... 1. went to bed late 2. had some advil 3. had 3 mum-mum crackers before bed. The first 2 are things I don't want to repeat to ensure a good night's sleep, the third is doable. We shall see. His one little tooth continues to grow. Now the guesswork begins as to when the next one will appear. He's still very very cute. (And in the time it's taken me to write this post he's made it half way across the room! :)

13 comments:

  1. isn't the full roll over stage fun? it's not so bad that the whole house needs to be on alert, but it's nice that they can avoid complete frustration being stuck on the tummy, or not being able to reach a toy :)
    glad he slept well last night! keep it up, marty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Mobile Marty!! I sure hope that sleeping keeps up too! Perhaps 7-7! That would be heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as sleep for The Marty...how about some good old fashioned gripe water. The old stuff is best. The new stuff doesn`t have the key active ingredient of alcohol. Or I suppose you could just dip his soother in hand sanitizer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and where does one get "the old stuff"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see Marty in action. What does Max think about his brother's new mobility? Have you figured out how to use your camera and put a video clip on your blog?
    I have not heard of mothers using gripe water for their babies lately. I wonder if it is no longer available. It has been used for "gassy tummies". I have heard some moms say it helps with "burping" and others say it makes no difference.I have never heard it used for teething or sleep issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel,I think I read somewhere that the reason Gripewater disappeared was because it was basically diluted alchohol and wasn't that good for kids, same as dipping his soother in whiskey which apparently Irish mothers are reputed to do. I think maybe the bit of advil now and then may be just as good, not that I am an authority, but who wants to predispose their kids to alcohol.
    You have great kids and it is fun to update on your blog now and then.
    With love
    Barry Foulds

    ReplyDelete
  7. i gave him some i had on hand (yes, you can till buy it in the store). It has no alcohol in it and say it's for colic, gas, etc. and ESPECIALLY TEETHING. He gulped down the recommended dose but I'm not sure if it really helped. The advil sure did, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you want to buy the real stuff, you need to go to the liquor store. A little Jack Daniels would take the pain away, although some Bailey's Irish Cream might be a little more palatable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh big brother, you're so very unhelpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 mum-mum crackers always puts me right to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've heard you can get the gripe water (with alcohol) at Wal Mart. It's always out when I'm there, though...

    ReplyDelete