Oh, my poor little potty-using boy. Since Max's toilet experience began in December, he has never wanted or even seemed to need to use the loo at church. When I remind him where it is, he's willing to sit on it, and even try out the other stall, but will not produce. Until today. After the service I was chatting with some ladies downstairs and he had wondered off to the bathroom. Nothing he can get into there, except the toilet, of course. Suddenly screams of panic came from the room and he met me half way out with his pants down and undies in a bunch. This is where the blame goes on me, as I had put a snap shirt on him. Since he has never used the loo at church, I often use one of these shirts because they still fit great. Well, not so great this time. In his desire to do things right, he got his pants down but couldn't open the snaps to get his undies down. So pants, undies and shirt got wet. (I even had spare clothes and his cardigan stayed dry so he had a warm shirt too.) Once freed from his cotton bondage, he peed like a pro. I've been in a quandry as to what to do with these shirts as they are really great quality. And we got another cool one in a care package from Oma yesterday. I could just leave the snaps open but that still leaves them in danger of getting in the way of all kinds of toddler activities. I think I'll take them all to the tailor to be hemmed. Isn't that a smart idea? I'll request that they keep them long so they're still tuck-in-able, but I think this will solve the problem.
His fabulous effort was rewarded with an extra potty treat when we got home.
Isn't potty training FUN?! Sounds like he's catchin on!
ReplyDeleteGood for him for trying. :)
ReplyDeleteGetting the bottoms taken off sound like a good plan, they will probably fit him longer that way too.
I can just imagine the panic he must have been feeling. I sometimes hear frantic yelling from across the house when Aidan can't get his pants undone.
ReplyDeleteWhy don't you keep the shirts as they are and save them for Marty? Spend the money for the tailors on new shirts for the Lovausaurus?
ReplyDelete(Or maybe the tailor is cheaper?)
-oops this is mini-me...not vertigo ;)
Kelly - the reason I want to hem them is that they are really big and will fit Max the rest of this winter. Of the 4 I was going to shorten, I've decided to only do 2 and save the others as is for Marty. The new one from Oma is already too small for Max anyways.
ReplyDelete