Thursday, February 22, 2007

new links

I've registered for Bloglines. (Thanks Kristin for the tip.) If you've never heard of it before and you keep track of several blogs, this little tool will save you lots of time! You just enter in the websites you want to keep track of and it does all the work for you. It will show which blogs have been updated and I can read the new post from there or click on the link to read it from the actual blog. Click on the Bloglines button in my credits section to get your account started. So cool.

I've also added a few other links. Yummy ones. The first is Kristin's recipe blog and the others I found on a few other blogs.

  • mmm-mmm good.
  • amen. let's eat!
  • recipe for disaster

  • And I leave you with the recipe for Holly's Beer & Cheese bread which I have now made three batches of and we all love it.

    Beer Bread

    2.5 cups flour
    2.5 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 TBSP sugar
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp dried basil
    1 tsp dried marjoram
    1 cup shredded cheese
    1 12 oz. can beer
    *if you're crazy* 1 TBSP seeded, chopped jalapeno pepper

    Grease bread tin and preheat oven to 375*
    Stir together dry ingredients
    Add cheese, beer (and jalapeno)
    Stir just until combined (will be sticky/lumpy)
    Pour into pan and bake 35-40 minutes or until golden
    Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.

    5 comments:

    1. I also just set up bloglines! Definately a great time saver! Thanks for the recipe.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hey Rachel, just made the bread and it was great! Thanks for the recipe. Louise

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi Rachel!

      Nice to meet you :) And I think Bloglines is such a great time-saver!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Just home from a good holiday in Vancouver and Victoria. Read your last few blogs and just wanted to add my name to the list of people recommending memory foam pillows. Donna and I have had ours since September and love them. We even take them with us on trips. If the buckwheat doesn't work give memory foam a try.

      ReplyDelete
    5. This is so funny but I actually was looking for just the thing to keep track of all the blogs I'd like to know updated w/o me having to spend the time finding them all...and you know what? I too did a post on it!!! I think that's so funny. Although, I am using Mozilla's toolbar instead. There is an "subscribe to this page" icon that I just click and then the site with it's updates are put into my bookmarks...real neat and fun too!

      ReplyDelete