Wednesday, February 7, 2007

a picture and some great products

I'm still trying to post the pictures of Max's trip to the barber shop - Blogger is not cooperating. Grr. I did manage to upload one pic the other day so I'll share it with you. Marty is enjoying his Baby Safe Feeder, which I believe is one of the greatest inventions of our time. You can put any kind of fresh food (or teething biscuit, I suppose) in it and baby has great fun chewing and sucking on it and banging it on the high chair and seeing how far he can throw it. It's a bit tedious to clean but it well worth the effort. It feels good for sore gums too. He's had banana, avocado, peaches and pears in it so far. It makes a fantastic mess on baby and the high chair but keeps him happy for quite some time. We love it! I bought mine at my local baby store and it's also available at Kidalog. They have all sorts of other cool kid stuff. (And it's in Alberta, so only one tax applies!)



Another cool baby thing that my sister and I agree is really great is the Magic Cup from Avent. Marty's just starting to figure it out. I highly recommend it for training your little ones to use a cup.

In health news, Max is almost over his nasty cough and cold and Marty is not too far behind him. They have been two very miserable boys this past week. We're hoping to get back into our regualr activities starting tomorrow. Looks like a nice day is hiding behind the fog so maybe we'll get out for a walk.

Marty has taken to sleeping on his tummy. He must have been comfy because he slept all night! Yay. As soon as he's over this cough we're planning to get serious about sleep training this little goomba. I love him dearly but don't really miss him when he sleeps all night.

8 comments:

  1. Marin loved her little feeder thing too.
    I also have the same sippy cups for her, but they leak sometimes and I find that frustrating.

    Yay for sleeping through the night! And also that the boys are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you still looking for that shape sorter?
    http://www.kidsinvictoria.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=111929

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the address with a "space" in the middle, so you can actually see it! I don't know if they'd mail it to you, or maybe you have connections in Victoria?

    http://www.kidsinvictoria.com/forum2
    /viewtopic.php?t=111929

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Meg, but that's not the one I'm looking for. The one I want is a box that has brass buckles and latches and leather straps and shoelaces and stuff. It's an older kid toy teaching about fasteners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That thing looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok another wierd thing about me is that those baby feeders give me the total heebie jeebies. I can't stand when people suck on fabric(like their sleeves) and those give me the same feeling. A friend gave me one and I couldn't let him use it. Just thinking about it is sending shivers up my spine:)
    Glad to hear your boys are on the mend. It's the worst when they are sick. Jade got his bare toe smushed pretty badly at church by the big door opening on it and then a week later as it was still healing, he opened the cupboard and a big glass jar of tomato sauce fell on the same toe-aauuggghhhh. He screamed for 45 min. You just feel soooo horrible when they are sick or hurting. A feeling we've never felt before having these little monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very interesting feeder-thingy! looks like marty's enjoying it!
    glad the boys are getting over the colds...hoping Taeya will follow suit soon. I can't WAIT to get outdoors again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope you are all completely better soon! I love seeing Marty eat with the feeder. Looks like he enjoys it! So, how exactly will you sleep train?

    ReplyDelete