The man I love and adore got a new pillow yesterday. ANOTHER new pillow. He's never been happy with a pillow for more than a few months and it's getting pretty expensive. He often wakes up with headaches or gets very little sleep because he's just not comfortable. In his attempt to get comfy, he'll punch and fold and scrunch and twist the thing until it's lumpy and creased and really no good to anyone. He gets disapponted that it's just not the right one and I get frustrated that he's ruined another pillow. I mentioned the quandry to our chiropractor yesterday and she suggested he try a buckwheat pillow. (Is that what you have, Deb?) It's very firm, and he even took some out because it was quite bulky. He filled up a big Tupperware container with the husks he took out of the pillow. It really was a lot of buckwheat! I thought it was the whole grain but it's actually just husks. Pretty cool. Anyone else out there have one? Will it be the end of our pillow saga?
And a side note for those skeptics who didn't think we could live without a microwave. The man I love and adore just made a yummy batch of popcorn with melted butter - all on the stovetop! Only once or twice in the time we've gone without it have I really wished for the convenience.
A buckwheat pillow, never heard of it, I am curious to see if it does the trick though.
ReplyDeleteLet us know about the pillow. Just last night our microwave started to act up and I began to panic........then I remembered about you and I felt much stronger that I can survive if it is to konk out on us!!
ReplyDeletein regards to the microwave...do you heat any of marty's baby food?
ReplyDeletePaul said this morning that he's very pleased with his pillow. We shall see ...
ReplyDeleteKelly - I only heat the food if it's been in the fridge. I do that by adding hot water and mixing it up, and cereal if I need to. He usually eats the whole jar so I don't need to keep leftovers. And I'm trying to get him on more finger food too. So far, so good.
HAve you tried one of thoce memory foam pillows?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.healthyfoundations.com/pillowpic.html
We have some 9 dollar cheapies and they work great to keep head and neck in neutral alignment.
is paul still liking his buckwheat pillow? i'm thinking about getting one but i thought i'd ask before spending $55AU on a pillow.
ReplyDelete