I just noticed that some good re-runs are coming up on Oprah this week. Tuesday is "The Secret Language of Babies" that I need to watch again to see how amazing it is. Wednesday is the "Bra & Jean Intervention". Hope you find it helpful and enjoyable.
I checked out the bra that Oprah recommended, and it was $90, so it stayed on the rack!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the woman who talked about the "baby language". It was so interesting. I plan to watch it tomorrow as well.........hopefully I will be busy though, if you know what I mean.
ReplyDeleteThe comments I have heard from moms about the "Secret Language of Babies" have included "I would have to listen to the program several times, or buy the person's video, in order to figure out what my baby was saying", "I just try all the things that I think the baby might need, and one of them usually works", "each of my babies has had different ways of letting me know what they need. I just had to pay attention and notice a pattern", "some of the sounds are so similar, I had a hard time telling the difference". So, I guess if the info is useful, great - and if it's not useful, just do what your mother's heart tells you.
ReplyDeletemamaz
ReplyDeleteI'd pay $90 for a good bra! I am so sick of cheap ones that don't fit - where'd you find it?
Hi Laurel-Anne,
ReplyDeleteI found the bra in a lingerie shop in Parksville. If you are serious about buying one, I could likely make arrangements to send it to you.
I'm not doubting that babies tell us things, I just find it a bit far fetched that all babies make a certain sound to express their need. It doesn't mean we don't have to leaern their sounds. I have trouble with how she says one sound means the same thing for every baby. We'll see if I can give her more credit after the show.
ReplyDeleteRight now Marty is telling me the carpet doesn't taste so good and he knows there's something much yummier for him.
mamaz
ReplyDeleteI think I should be fitted first. I was hoping The Bay or some other chain carried them. I'll have to shop at better stores than Wal-Mart, I guess.
For now I'm searching for a good nursing bra, and Oprah wasn't much help in that department.