Friday, December 22, 2006
Phewft!
Poinsettia's are not poisonous! (Edited: They might make a child feel sick, but they're not deadly!) My friend gave me a lovely poinsettia last week and it has been sitting on the kitchen table, getting little to no attention from Max. As we were having company for dinner tonight, I moved the plant to the coffee table. Moments later I heard Max say "Yummy plant, Baby!". Around the corner I peek to see that Max had so thoughtfully brought the poinsettia to Marty for a closer look. Marty wasted no time in getting those big green leaves in his mouth. No teeth, so he just got a little lick of it. After correcting that situation and clearly laying down the law for Max ... I saw him chomp on a leaf! And so I did a little searching and found great relief for all parents ... they're not poisonous! The first three links I saw had all the same facts. Read it for yourself...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's a good thing it's not poisionious. Close call~
ReplyDeleteWell, you've saved me yet another clal to BC Poison control. I swear I call them at least once a month! I think there are other holiday plants that can be poisonous, (mistletoe, for example) so it's always best to keep a close eye!
ReplyDelete